The Zimmer Z Wave Pro transmits powerful sound waves into the tissue. The energy then spreads out radially to enhance the treatment effect - like gentle radial waves generated when dropping a pebble into a still pond. The body responds to the Z Wave Pro sound waves with increased metabolic activity in the form of lymphatic drainage and increased blood circulation. The end result is an improvement in the appearance of cellulite and other body contouring procedures such as CoolSculpting, ThermiSmooth, and Kybella.
- Cellulite is defined as a condition in which skin appears to have areas with underlying fat deposits, giving it a dimpled, lumpy appearance.
- UV rays can worsen the appearance of cellulite.
- Nearly 90% of women and 10% of men will develop areas of cellulite. This includes people who are otherwise slim and fit.
- Cellulite usually begins to appear between the ages of 25 and 35 as estrogen begins to decrease.
- Exercise does not get rid of cellulite. One can reduce fat, but this does not affect the herniated fibers that cause cellulite.
- Losing weight doesn't make cellulite disappear.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Z Wave treatment painful?
No, quite the contrary. Many patients comment that the Z Wave treatment feels similar to a relaxing massage.
How many treatments will I need?
Visible changes may be seen as soon as during your second week of treatment. Your skin will get smoother and noticeably firmer. Recommended treatment is a minimum of 10 sessions within a 3-4 week period. The number of treatments you need may depend on the severity of your cellulite.
What kind of results can I expect?
At a minimum, an improvement of one grade of cellulite (E.g., an improvement from Grade 3 to Grade 2.)
How long will the effects of my Z Wave treatment last?
Z Wave practitioners have reported that the effects have lasted a year or more.